Did you know that the best way to start decorating your house is by using rugs? Yes, rugs nowadays are very in-demand not just for houses and offices but also for museums and other institutions which have a common denominator of wanting to add attraction to its surroundings. So, if you are considering Oriental rugs for your house, read on to explore the beauty of oriental rugs.
Oriental rugs are originally hand-made. Warp, weft and woof are the structural components of most oriental rugs. There are a lot of designs you can choose from; patterns and borders in traditional floral as well as geometrical designs are the most in-demand designs preferred by a lot of people. Although there are machines that can make Oriental rug imitations, they still loop and weave thread for knotting simulation, which a basic procedure for hand-made Oriental rugs.
In addition, Oriental rugs add such warmth and energy to your home. So if you want to buy or purchase an Oriental rug, here’s what you need to do when you look for one:
- Check the weave if it is fine and the design is clearly expressed. Is the design properly managed and not in disarray?
- The texture, smoothness, tightness and regularity of weave are also important.
- Lastly, check if it is original or just an imitation of Oriental rugs. If it is only an imitation of Oriental rugs, it would normally be cheap and of low quality. So beware of poor imitations since these already abound. Thus, you have to be very discriminating in order to tell which is an imitation and which is not.
Here’s the more important thing you should know. Before you decide to buy an Oriental rug, decide first what type of colors and design you want to chose. By doing so, this will save you time in shopping and will get you focused on the design you are looking for. Second, measure the exact size of the room where the Oriental rug will be placed. Lastly, budget your money and choose the not so expensive Oriental rug but that which still has high quality details.
Moving on, since you have decided to purchase Oriental rugs for your home, let us now discuss some cleaning tips for Oriental rugs. Oriental rugs also require proper care when cleaning it. Look over these cleaning tips and making these as your guide in keeping its beauty and original look.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Tips:
- Use a beater brush when vacuuming your Oriental rugs. Why beater brush? Unlike canister brush, beater brush is soft and very gentle. It separates the fiber without tearing and damaging your Oriental rug.
- If you don’t want your Oriental rugs to get twisted and to get ripped, never vacuum its edges and border lines. Once the vacuum almost reaches the edge of your Oriental rugs, lift it immediately and set the vacuum back to the spot you were cleaning.
- The best way to clean the edges of you Oriental rugs is by using a broom. Sweep it slowly with a broom. If there are still pieces of dirt that stick to it, pick it up and sweep it again with a broom.
- In the case of spills, avoid rubbing your Oriental rugs with hard brushes for it will automatically tear the fibers apart. Just splotch the spill with plain, dry white cloth as many times as possible and then splotch it again with a wet cloth. This way, the water present in your cloth can already dissolve the spill, thus slightly washing some of the stains away.
- This time along with the wet cloth, dissolve some mild detergent powder and splotch it again to the stain. Be sure to wash it again with the use of the wet cloth when removing the soap residue left on your Oriental rugs.
- Lastly, for stains that are hard to remove, a rug stain cleaner should be utilized. You can also seek some pieces of advice from or hire the services of professional rug cleaners to do the job for you.