Do you want to live in a house where you see cracks in your basement floors? Surely, nobody would want to live in such. Cracks in your basement floors are a big home problem you must consider, too.
Cracks in basement floors are not unusual anymore. Cracks in your basement floors can be avoided though when you know the best materials to be used for your basement flooring. Check out these materials and make sure to include these in your basement flooring plans.
- Watertight sealant – This is perfect for water issues. Water is the number one cause of cracks in your basement floors. When starting your basement flooring, you must think of means on how to reduce moisture in your basement floors. The simplest way to do that is by applying a coat of watertight sealant to floors of your basement.
- Sup pump – This is very significant to help drain the excess water leakage which would possibly occur from the surround ground of your basement. Make sure that water is under control for you to proceed to another installation procedure under your basement flooring plans.
- Waterproof insulation – Once the floor sealing is done, it is still recommended for you to put it in a waterproof insulation on your unpolished basement floor.
- Sheets of plywood – This is also necessary to add to your basement flooring plans because installing sheets of plywood over the waterproof insulation will provide another barrier from water moisture and mold. Other than that, it also gives you a smooth road to walk easier across the floor in less walking strides.
- Tiles – This should not be absent on your basement flooring plans as it will adhere to the plywood with the greatest ease, thus providing another attraction to the floor. Another thing you can benefit from tiles is its convenience in applying. Whenever a single tile is damaged or broken, you can just remove that piece and replace it with another one; you do not need to replace the other undamaged tiles as well.
- Laminated wood floor – This tool is the perfect partner for your tiles. Laminate is at its best when combined with waterproof insulation and plywood. Moreover, frequent cleaning is only required to be done for the laminated floor to look fresh for a longer period of time.
- Linoleum flooring – This is another good choice for your basement flooring plans. Aside from its affordable price, large rolls of linoleum can be rolled out and secured in place using carpet tracks. You can rest assured that it will last for a long time.
- Carpet – Last but not the least, carpet is an essential material for your basement flooring plans. Carpet is perfect for controlling water moisture in your basement floors. Not only that, carpet also adds beauty to your basement floors.
Cracks in your basement floors will not be an issue anymore if you know the perfect solution for it. Thus, if you want to make your home perfect, protect your basement floors from anything that could cause your basement floors to crack. Once you see a single crack on your basement floors, pay attention and remedy it immediately. Never risk the beauty of your entire house because of those basement floor cracks.
Prevention is no doubt the best cure for all issues whether medical, technical or regarding construction. Before starting you basement flooring job, always bear in mind to make the best plan ahead of time. Make sure to list all the useful materials cited above to ensure concrete and solid basement floors. If you show care and passion for your home, a good environment and convenient living will also be on your way.