When you accidentally drop your iPod Touch in a place with water, what will you do? You might automatically say that your iPod Touch is already damaged. However, for your information, your iPod Touch doesn’t automatically get damaged when it plunges into water. Truth to tell, there is still something you can do about it. Yes, you can still save that iPod Touch! Read on to find out how to save that iPod Touch.
iPod Touch accidents are very common nowadays. Actually, these accidents are the reason why the demand for an iPod touch repair center has greatly increased. Fortunately, there are two methods in dealing with a water-damaged iPod Touch. The first one is called the natural method; while the other one is the technical method. Take a look at the difference of these methods.
Method # 1: Natural Method – This is called the natural method simply because you can repair your water-damaged iPod Touch without using any technical device. You can actually just do this by yourself. Here’s how:
- Once your iPod Touch plunges into water, do not just look at it but get it right away! That’s the first thing you must do. If you let your iPod Touch stay in the water longer, the more it will cause damage to it. So, rescue your iPod Touch as soon as possible.
- Second, never turn on the power of your iPod Touch. By doing so, you will prevent possible short-out systems of your iPod Touch, thus preventing more water to come inside your device.
- Third, disassemble each part of your iPod Touch. The battery, casing, headset and all other parts should be detached from each other right away.
- Fourth, get a clean and dry cloth. Wipe each part of your iPod Touch and let it dry. One of the best ways to dry up your iPod Touch is by allowing it to dry through natural sunlight. This is, of course, only applicable during sunny days. Position your iPod Touch under the heat of the sun, as well as the other parts for a total drying system.
- For the rainy days, you can still dry out your iPod Touch by means of heat lamps. Allow it to dry for a maximum of five minutes. Setting your iPod Touch in a container with uncooked rice is another alternative means to dry it. You must let it dry for at least one day if you want the parts to be totally dry.
- Lastly, once you have ensured that your iPod Touch is completely dry, you can now assemble back the parts; and press the power on. You can now use your iPod Touch again.
Warning: Never use an oven or blow dryer to dry your iPod Touch. If you do so, you will be exposing your iPod Touch to a high intense level of heat which can cause your iPod Touch to be destroyed. On the other hand, you can test your iPod Touch if there is still water left inside by shaking it slowly.
Method #2: Technical Method – From the name itself, you would have thought of technical ways. This means that you will need to ask for the help of technicians and experts on repairing your iPod Touch. This method is applicable when your iPod Touch has stayed in the water for a longer period of time. Instances like this would include when your iPod Touch has already been soaked I water for the whole or was accidentally dropped in the washing machine while you were washing your clothes. However, there are lucky times that your iPod Touch can still be repaired even in those worse situations; that is if you would go to a professional technician. With an expert’s knowledge, high-tech tools and experience, you can definitely hope for a totally repaired iPod Touch.