Have you been thinking of new ways to make your shower look more attractive and comfortable? If your answer is yes, then tiling your shower is a good option. Why tiles? Because it will make your shower room more attractive and unique. How? Simple. There are a lot of tiles you can choose from; tiles vary in color, size, texture and design. And the good thing about it is that you can tile your shower room easily.
Just like when you use tiles for any other part of your house, tiles are also often used by numerous people in their shower rooms because of its benefits. In fact, you could expect a big smile and an invitation for you to do the same by these happy tile users.
Here are some benefits you can get in using tiles for your shower wall.
- Aside from the added beauty it gives to your shower room, tiles are perfect for very cold surfaces. Remember, your shower room has a wet surface most of the time. When you use tiles, expect that it will last long because of its high quality and affectivity. Tiles are strong and can handle moisture for a longer number of years.
- If you use tiles for your shower wall, it will be easy to clean. Unlike those uncovered walls, germs are easily washed away in tiled shower walls. With the help of your shower cleaning materials, such as brush and bleach, you can easily clean your shower room with no hassle at all.
- Tiles can help save the environment. There are tiles that are naturally prepared. This means that there were no hazardous chemicals used in manufacturing these tiles, thus they become more effective, strong and lasts longer.
- Tiles are effortlessly replaceable. For instance, one tile is broken due to long usage; you don’t need to destroy your whole shower room just to change it. You can just get that single piece of tile and replace it with a new one. It’s as simple as that!
So it is no wonder why a lot of people nowadays use tiles for their shower walls and even in every part of their home. So how do you then tile your shower wall? Here are the steps on how to tile your shower wall:
- Prepare all the things that will be needed for the task. Keep away those things that will lead to danger. If possible, ask somebody to assist you all throughout this tiling process.
- Get a pen and a paper. Measure horizontally the size of one shower wall and mark it in the middle. Using your pen, sketch a straight line vertically from top to bottom of your shower wall.
- Using your jagged trowel, put a thin set of mortar along the bottom of your shower wall.
- Force down the bottom course of tiles in place, along the bottom of your shower wall. You must start this step at the middle and then work your way to the sides. Make sure also to set spaces between and below the tiles to separate it from the floor.
- Get your tile saw and cut the tiles perfectly. Put in the tiles with the cut side facing your shower walls.
- Install the tiles on the next side of your shower wall in the same manner. Start at the center, going to the sides. Go up to each of the side of your shower wall. Get your tile saw again and cut the tiles around the shower fixtures as needed. You need to carefully do this when tiling your entire shower wall as well as the adjacent walls.
- Check out and remove those spaces by the tiles. Leave the tiles as it is overnight.
- Grout your shower walls going from up to down, including the spaces. Then rub it off your shower wall. Using a wet sponge, wipe the extra grout if there is any.
- Scatter caulk bead along the shower walls and let it dry for one day.